The Thuraya SM-2500 is a small and compact modem that supports circuit switched voice, data/fax SMS, GPS and GmpRS. The module is specially designed for developers who want to create their own unique device using the Thuraya satellite network.
- Supports: Circuit switched voice, data/fax up to 9.6kbps and GmPRS up to 60/15 kbps
- Dimensions: 7.2x5.2x0.95cm
- Weight: 60g
- Interface: Satellite RF connector, GPS antenna connector, 100 pins board to board connector
- Compact Size: With the modem being so small it allows the developer more freedom to customise their products to the best of their ability.
- Data Services: The modem can offer the service of Thuraya's GmPRS service. This greatly improves the speed of the satellite internet speed and gives the user greater communication in isolated areas.
- Tracking Ability: When customized to a tracking device the modem is able to offer the transmission of tracking data such as alarms or vehicle positions.