|Service||SBD 0||SBD 12||SBD 17||SBD 30|
|Minimum Term||1 Month||1 Month||1 Month||1 Month|
|Suspended Monthly Fee||$2.50||$2.50||$2.50||$2.50|
|Minimum Billable Message Size||30 Bytes||10 Bytes||10 Bytes||10 Bytes|
|Inclusive Bytes per Month||0 Bytes||12,000 Bytes||17,000 Bytes||30,000 Bytes|
|Overage (per 1,000 Bytes)||$1.50||$1.50||$1.75||$1.50|
|SBD Registration/Mailbox Check||$0.05||$0.05||$0.05||$0.05|
The SHOUT Nano is a handheld, global, two-way satellite messaging and personal tracking device. It utilizes Iridium’s Short Burst Data (SBD) service to provide location information determined by a GPS receiver, two-way inbound and outbound status, text messaging, and emergency/alert notifications.
The Nano is designed with ultra-low power consumption electronics drawing less than 35 A during sleep. With an internal 1.95 A-Hr rechargeable Li-Ion battery, it can send a position report every hour for up to two months (about 1,200 reports). The Nano is equipped with a high resolution color LCD and onscreen keyboards supporting transmission of free-text, canned messages and a combination of free-text and canned messages. The menu options are displayed as icons for quick access. The device can periodically wake up from sleep to send its position report to a command center. A 911 button is used for immediate emergency/alert notifications. Data are packaged in either standard or 256-bit AES encrypted format. Data can also be sent in encrypted PECOS formats to include Brevity codes.
- Normal Tracking — programmed to automatically wake up and send a position report at a set interval ranging from continuous to once every seven days.
- Emergency Alert — sends alerts to a designated monitoring center using a 911 button. The monitoring center and the user can then communicate to define further specifics of the emergency.
- Free-Text Messaging — sends free-text via three different sets of onscreen keyboards.
- Canned Text Messaging — sends canned (pre-defined) messages in short codes to save bandwidth instead of the entire message body.
- Waypoint Tracking — sends and/or saves waypoints (interested landmarks) for later retrieval.
- Check-In — allows a quick check-in message to be sent using a single soft key.
Dimensions: 102 mm x 56 mm x 20 mm (4.0" x 2.2" x 0.8")
Weight: 184 g (6.5 oz)
Battery: Rechargeable Li-Ion
1.95 A-Hr Single Cell
3.6V to 4.2V
I/O Interface: Standard USB
Software Interface: AT Commands through USB
Operating Temp: –40°C to +85°C (–40°F to +185°F)
Operating Humidity: < 75% RH
Operating Frequency: 1616 to 1626.5 MHz
GPS Frequency: 1575.42 MHz (L1 carrier)