The world's smallest MOB (Man Overboard) device combining AIS and DSC* technology.
MOB1 sends your location to any AIS equipped vessel within 5 miles notifying them that help is required. The device will continue to transmit your location for up to 24 hours.
In addition, the MOB1 activates the DSC* alarm on your vessels VHF, alerting your crew to the situation.
Install the rescueME MOB1 in your lifejacket and upon inflation the device will automatically activate - the first alert will be sent within 15 seconds of activation.
- Simple lifejacket integration
- High intensity strobe
- Fast accurate positioning
- AIS (Automatic Identification System)
- Automatic activation
- 24 hours+ operational life
- 5 year warranty
- 7 year battery life
- Integrated DSC transmitter (digital selective calling)
Unlike most satellite enabled notification devices, the rescueME MOB1 requires no monthly or annual subscription, making it a cost effective option for long term use. Whether you’re a commercial vessel, a fishing trawler or leisure craft, an AIS MOB device should be considered essential safety equipment for every member of the crew working on deck.
This device should only be used in situations of grave and imminent danger to life. False alerts endanger lives and cause expensive disruption to Search & Rescue services. Deliberate misuse of the device could result in a penalty.
Compatibility: Most modern AIS plotters and DSC VHF comply with the standards required to receive MOB transmissions. It is however, especially if you are using older equipment, recommended that you check compatibility with the equipment manufacturer.
*The DSC functionality of the MOB1 is limited by regulations in each country. The list below indicates which functions you may expect.
- AIS only: Canada, France, Denmark, Latvia
- AIS + DSC Individual Distress Relay call plus group call sent after 30minutes: USA
- AIS + DSC Individual Distress Relay call only: Germany, Netherlands, United Kingdom
- AIS + DSC Individual Distress Relay,All Ships Distress Alert (manual initiation): All other European countries
- AIS + DSC Individual Distress Relay, All Ships Distress Alert, sent once on MOB1 activation and on manual initiation: Rest of the World.
- AIS transmission Transmit Power: 1Watt
- Frequency: 161.975/162.025MHz
- DSC Transmission Transmit Power: 0.5Watt
- Frequency: 156.525MHz
- Messages: Individual Distress Relay Distress Alert (by single call made on press of the activation button)
- Temperature range (operational): -20°C - +55°C
- Temperature range (storage): -30°C - +70°C
- Waterproof: 10m depth
- Weight: 92 grams
- Standards: RTCM SC11901, EN303 098-1