Talk Group Pricing
|Minimum Fee||1 Month||1 Month||1 Month||1 Month||1 Month|
|Included Group Usage||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Talk Group Size (Km2)||100,000||
|Minimum Duration||1 Month|
Examples of Monthly Cost
Example 1 - 2 x PTT handsets operating within 100,000 km2
Monthly Talk Group Fee $0 + Monthly Handset Fees $125 X 2 = $250.00
Example 2 - 10 x PTT handsets operating within 500,000km2
Monthly Talk Group Fee $505 + Monthly Handset Fees $1,250 = $1,755
- Iridium Push-To-Talk service requires, at a minimum, the activation of 1 Talk Group and 2 Handsets.
- Each Push-To-Talk Handset will be charged a single monthly fee. Adding a Talk Group to a Handset will not incur any additional Handset charges. Each Handset can have a maximum of 15 Talk Groups assigned to it
- Talk Group coverage area are defined within the PTT Command Center through the placement of circles, squares and rectangles on a map or by using specific latitude / longitude coordinates in a list view
- Talk Group size limits are related to the total area covered by the Talk Group. The Talk Group's coverage area can go up to, but not exceed, the size limitation set on the Talk Group
- Each Talk Group's coverage may be split into up to 10 different coverage "regions". There are no restrictions on where the coverage may be placed on the earth
- If initial Talk Group size does not meet the customer's needs, upgrades and downgrades to Talk Group size are available. More than 2 changes to Talk Group size per year may incur additional administrative charges
- The Unlimited "Included Talk Group Usage" only includes usage of the PTT Talk Group service. Normal Iridium Voice services will not be included, and will be invoiced based upon the separate normal Iridium Postpaid/Prepaid package selected.
- Talk Group Pricing is based completely upon coverage area (measured in square kilometers) and unlimited Talk Group usage. Each Talk Group activated will be charged a monthly fee. Adding a member to a Talk Group will not incur any additional Talk Group charges. A Talk Group may contain an unlimited number of Handsets
- Activating a Handset for Push-to-Talk service provides the user with access to Push-To-Talk service. It will not provide the user with access to normal Iridium Voice or Data services. Access to normal Iridium Voice or Data services are available via separate normal Iridium Postpaid / Prepaid SIM Card activation and will incur additional charges. To clarify, activation of a Handset for Push-To-Talk services will solely provide the terminal with access to any Talk Groups that have been assigned to the Handset. It will not enable normal Iridium Voice to Fixed / Cellular services.