If you would prefer to sign up for a pay monthly contract please click here.
The IsatPhone 2 is the latest satellite phone available from Inmarsat and comes with all the accessories you need to get started. It offers satellite telephony, with Bluetooth for handsfree use, voicemail, and text and email messaging. The IsatPhone 2 is extremely user-friendly; with focus on easy connectivity and fast registration you will be ready to make a call in less than 45 seconds and you can receive incoming call alerts when the antenna is stowed.
The Inmarsat IsatPhone 2 satellite phone comes with:
- Mains charger - 4 adaptors
- Car Charger - 1-30 volts
- Micro USB Cable
- Wired hands-free headset
- Quick Start guide (8 Languages)
- Warranty Documentation
- Support USB memory drive
The IsatPhone 2 is extremely reliable with the I4 network offering availability, longevity and coverage with high voice quality and the lowest call drop rates. The IsatPhone 2 is extremely robust, with an IP rating of 65 and IK04, it offers shock protection resistance against impacts with energy of 0,500 J and water projected by a nozzle (6.3mm) from any direction will have no harmful effects on the phone.
It offers exceptional battery life of up to 160 hours standby time and the high contrast transflective 'gorilla glass' display that was specially engineered for a combination of thinness, lightness, and damage resistance ensures that the screen is sunlight readable and scratch-resilient.
Inmarsat have added brand new features to their latest satellite phone such as an Assistance Button, an E-compass and a tracking button:
- If you find yourself in an emergency situation you can press the Assistance Button and a user-defined text message and your GPS location will be sent to an emergency number that you can program on the handset itself.
- The e-compass has a built-in magnetometer that makes it faster and easier to get onto the Inmarsat network and is only displayed if the initial search for Inmarsat satellites fails.
- The new tracking service has a dedicated button with an LED icon that will send location information via text message to a predetermined number or e-mail address. It is possible to program the IsatPhone 2 to send location information at set intervals and it can even be tracked via 3rd party tracking portals using SMS rates.
Please note that Inmarsat do not approve the IsatPhone 2 for Maritime use.
Not all mobile networks allow you to send text messages to satellite phones. Please check with your provider.