The GSP-1720 satellite data and voice module enables full two-way data and voice capability, allowing the development of new and creative tracking and monitor & control applications to full-featured fixed telephone service for remote areas.
For Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) applications, the GSP-1720 Satellite Data/Voice Module (SDVM) can provide either Direct or Dial-up Internet as well as asynchronous computer to computer connectivity. These options provide communications with land and marine-based equipment, while complementing mobile and stationary field solutions.
Mobile or stationary, the GSP-1720 helps you monitor, control or track assets remotely through the Globalstar satellite network - affordably and with low-power requirements.
Designed for multiple applications, the GSP-1720 Module offers a flexible solution for the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), as well as providing a developer's kit for accelerated time to market. The Globalstar GSP-1720 comes with:
- The Satellite Data Voice Module (SDVM) OEM board
- Operating Frequency - Transmit: 1610 - 1625 MHz Receive: 2484-2499 MHz
- Maximum Transmit Power - Passive antenna: +26 dBm (400 mW) Active antenna: +29 dBm (800 mW)
- DC Input Voltage +4.7 V to +5.1 V (7.0 V optional for active antenna)
- Interfaces - User Ports 22 pin Molex connector with pin-outs for data port, auxillary port (control/NEMA), audio and power. USB-B connector for data and diagnostics connectivity.
- Module Antenna Connectors: TX SMA female, RX SMA Male
- Antenna Connectors - Passive: TX SMA Female, RX SMA Female Active: TX SMA male, RX SMA female, Diagnostic Monitor and Software Upgrade USB-B Connector
- Module Dimensions: 119 mm x 65 mm x 15 mm
- Module Weight: less than 60g
- Certification: FCC, ETSI, IC
- Module Environmental Conditions Operating: -22 to +140ºF (-30 to +60ºC)
- Storage: -40 to +185ºF (-40 to +85ºC)
- Globalstar Satellite Data Service
- Globalstar Satellite Voice Service
- Direct Internet or Direct Dial-up Circuit Switched Data
- 9.6 kbps full duplex service (express data available up to 19 kbps)
- Utilizes standard and enhanced “Hayes Modem” AT commands
- Compatible with Windows 98/2000/XP/NT/ME/Vista
- Dial-up networking, Asynchronous data communications static IP
- Short Messaging Service (SMS): 35 character incoming
- Crystal clear voice quality: Superior CDMA digital satellite quality
- Automatic system select: Just apply power to the unit and your Globalstar module will automatically seek out the Globalstar network.