The Thrane & Thrane Explorer 727 is a fixed solution which provides users with voice, data and SMS capability wherever they are. The Explorer 727 allows standard IP speeds of up to 432kbps and provides service through the Inmarsat BGAN network.
The Explorer 727 is the next step up from the Explorer 325, with higher data rate availability. The terminal attaches to a PC and an external antenna placed on the roof of the vehicle to become a mobile communications hub. The terminal comes with a phone which can be connected to the terminal and this can be used in the same way as a normal sat phone.
The Explorer 727 comes with:
- 2.7m & 8m Power Cable
- 5m Ethernet Cable
- IP Handset & Cradle
- Fixed/Rail Mounting Kit
- 6m 12/25 VDC Cable
Cobham Explorer 727 Key Features:
3 Fully Integrated Units
The Cobham Explorer 727 is a high-speed, vehicular broadband system. It consists of three fully integrated units – a transceiver, an IP handset and a roof mountable antenna.
The antenna automatically tracks satellite positions enabling high-speed connectivity while on-the-move. Simultaneous 432 kbps data and phone calls – even at speeds in excess of 200 km/h.
Easy to Install
The Cobham Explorer 727 provides access to the internet and phone networks instantly - simply place the antenna on the roof of your vehicle to turn it into a complete mobile communication hub.
The Explorer 727 facilitates both live streaming and store-andforward and enables direct transmissions from the hot spots of the world. Utilize the highest streaming rates available on BGAN with BGAN X-Stream when the terminal is standing still (on-the-pause).
Our online mapping portal can track your Cobham Explorer 727 to provide real-time information via your GPS location. Any person provided with the login can become an operator to monitor any number of GSM or satellite assets simultaneously in-real time and historically on both the Basic and Professional plans.
Key benefits include:
- Geo-Fencing capabilities (Professional Plan only)
- Alert options available, with varying degrees of urgency for operator and device holder
- Global Tracking
- Multiple layer options and map views
- Inclusive to all devices with GPS tracking capabilities
- Past-tracking data points are always accessible, until the device is de-activated
- Mapping and asset grouping customisation options are available
- Data Reporting and Scheduling functions
- Notifications and alerts can be sent directly to the holder of the device
OrbitalTrack Basic Mapping
- Suitable for users with single devices
- Excludes Geo-Fencing
- Pay upfront annually to receive a discounted subscription of £92.50 ex VAT per year
OrbitalTrack Professional Mapping
- Suitable for users requiring access to multiple devices under one login
- Inlcudes Geo-Fencing
- Fee is applicable per device
- Pay upfront annually to receive a discounted subscription of $195 ex VAT per year
Transceiver: 1.7" x 9.7" x 10.6"
Antenna: 6.2" x 18.8"
|Standard IP||Up to 432kbps|
|Streaming IP||Up to 256kbps|